The Xaverian Missionaries, as a religious missionary Congregation and a member of the Conference of Religious (CoR) adheres to the national Safeguarding Policy of the Catholic Church as agreed by the Bishop’s Conferences of Scotland, England and Wales and the Conference of Religious.
Complying with the policy means:
- ensuring that all activities are conducted safely by applying the principles of ‘Creating a Safe Environment’ in England and Wales or “In God’s Image” in Scotland.
- ensuring all personnel involved (including religious and laity) are recruited under Safer Recruitment Guidelines and obtain a CRB (England and Wales or PVG (Scotland) Disclosure for working with vulnerable groups.that all persons, whether religious or lay, involved in active ministry participate in suitable and appropriate Safeguarding training.
The Xaverian Safeguarding Policy and Procedures is thus based on the principles and guidelines set out in the National Safeguarding policy:
- Respect for the innate dignity of every person is a fundamental principle.
- Integral to this is the recognition of the right of all children, which must be respected, protected, cared for and nurtured – a right rooted in the Gospel and Christian tradition as well as in international, domestic and canon law.
The province will always liaise closely with statutory agencies to ensure that if a disclosure is made, procedures are in place that allow for transparent practices.
It is always possible to speak to a member of the province about Safeguarding in total confidence.
Fr. Patrick Duffy, sx
St. Bartholomew’s Parish
32 Croftfoot Drive
Links for the places where we are present:
- National: https://www.scsafeguarding.org.uk/
- Motherwell: https://www.rcdom.org.uk/safeguarding
- Glasgow: http://www.rcag.org.uk/index.php/safeguarding
England and Wales
- National: https://www.csas.uk.net/http://www.catholicsafeguarding.org.uk/
- Lancaster: http://www.lancasterdiocese.org.uk/useful-information/safeguarding-in-the-diocese/
- Child Protection and On-Line Protection Command: https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/